Visiting Sonny Weed's Fruit Farm
Rules & Guidelines
- All guests ages 2+ are required to wear a mask and to practice social distancing.
- No outside food, drinks, coolers, or back packs.
- Customers are encouraged to bring blankets or folding chairs as seating is limited
- Sonny Weed’s reserves the right to ask any customer not willing to comply with these rules to leave the property.
- In compliance with food safety laws, only service dogs will be permitted on the premises
- Due to Coronavirus, we will not be accepting bus groups. All buses will be turned away.
Sonny Weed’s is named after Charlie “Sonny” Weed whose grandparents bought the original farmland. Charlie worked on the farm with his family his entire life, expanding the farm in the late 1950’s and again in the late 90’s, growing peaches, plums and apples. Charlie helped maintain both Weed Orchards and what is now, Sonny Weed’s fruit farm.
A 5th Generation Farm
Purchased in 1913 by James and Catherine Weed, Sonny’s started as a 60 acre hay and grain farm where they planted concord grapes, currants, strawberries, apple and pear trees. Nearly 108 years later, Sonny’s is managed by Sonny Weed’s son John and his family including wife Joann and daughters Erica, Nicole and Krista.
Frequently Asked Questions
We are located in southern Ulster County, New York at 444 Old Indian Road, Milton NY 12547.
Admission is $3 per person
Parking is free.
We are officially closed for the season. Please follow us on social media for updates on opening in summer 2021.
Our pick-your-own is officially closed for the season.
There are no reservations. Tables and available seating are on a first come, first serve basis. We encourage guests to bring blankets or chairs as seating is limited.
Yes. From 1-4pm we have live music. For a list of upcoming performers, See our Music Schedule
Service dogs are permitted. Due to food and safety laws however, any other dogs are not allowed on the premises.
All guests MUST wear masks at all times except when in fields away from any other guests. No exceptions.
Yes. We currently accept Visa and Mastercard.